Friday, March 9, 2012

Four Fast Fun Facts About Our Bloggers Featuring...Delena & Aurie!





Last week we started a series of posts to help our readers get to know the ladies that blog for Growing Your Homeschool a little better.  The writers were given a list of questions, and they had to choose four, in order to answer "Four Fast Fun Facts" about themselves. If you missed the first one, you can check it out here.  This week we are featuring Delena & Aurie!



DELENA




What is one little known fun fact you would like to share about yourself?


I have an endless supply of random trivia floating through my head about serial killers.  I graduated from college with the idea that I would go on to get my PhD (pause here for laughter) in the Psychology world and then sit down with serial killers and pick their brain.  What can possess a person to do something like that?  What as your childhood like?  What's going through your head now?  So, I studied serial killers so much for three years that my brain is overflowing with facts.  Gacy, Bianchi, Gein, Fish...it's really fun to bring up at dinner parties with people you barely know.

What is your favorite funny movie?


My favorite funny movie of all time has to be "Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation."  It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, I still crack up every year when I watch it.

Do you have a favorite fun food combo?


Homemade Macaroni and Cheese with homemade ranch dressing drizzled over the top once it's on my plate.  It makes people take a second look, but it's DELIGHTFUL!

Where is one fun place you would like to go?


I would love, love, LOVE to go to Italy.  Anywhere in Italy would be fine.  Preferrably when I'm not pregnant or nursing so I can have a glass of wine in my hand the whole time while we travel.


To learn more about Delena, or to read her blog, you can visit her at itsonmytodolist.






AURIE




What is one little known fun fact you would like to share about yourself? 


I am a first degree Black Belt in Taekwondo. 

Can you share a little about one of your funniest life moments? 



We were down by the river last year and Sophie was sitting on the bank splashing her little feet. Some ducks glided by and Sophie tried *talking* to the saying {more like yelling} "quack quack!".  The poor ducks were so unnerved that they changed direction and went the other way. Not to be deterred, Sophie got up and ran along the rover edge yelling "Quack Quack". It was so cute :)

What fun activities do you like to do in your "free" time? 



I like to scrapbook or knit. We also love running/biking on the towpath along the river.

What one fun place would you like to visit that you have never been to before?



England!! We have been talking about London and Sophie knows all about Big Ben, Parliament, and the Royal Family. She is really into all things London right now - so we are thinking long term how to get there :)


To learn more about Aurie, or to read her blog, you can find her at Welcome to our good Life.


We hope you are enjoying learning more about our writers here at Growing Your Homeschool.  Please check back next week when we will be featuring two more bloggers!  Have a super weekend!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...